(18. Nov, 2010) ZSoft Uninstaller v2.5 Released
I finally decided to take the new version of ZSoft Uninstaller out of beta, and released it. The new version is version 2.5.
Some of you may have tried a beta of it already (it's been available on the forum), but for those of you who haven't, here's whats new (although I have probably forgot something):
- New tool: Empty folder finder
- New tool: Startup Manager
- New tool: Post Uninstaller (replaces the 'I think this is the folder' thing)
- Automatic backup of installation-logs to 'LogBackups' folder
- New info in sidebar
- Traditional Chinese & Simplified Chinese translations, thanks to Tony
- Polish translation, thanks to Piotr Dygdalowicz
- Swedish translation, thanks to Åke Engelbrektson
- Updated Valencian translation, thanks to Vicente Adam
- Updated Portuguese translation, thanks to Rui Morais
- Various fixes and additions
The new version is available on the ZSoft Uninstaller page
. I've also cleared the download-counter, so it'll be exciting to see how fast it will go up :)
The new version is also able to run in portable mode, and a zip file with it already in portable mode is available at the ZSoft Uninstaller Portable page
A little about 64-bit support
Let it be known: ZSoft Uninstaller v2.5 still does not really support a 64-bit OS.
Further explanation: ZSoft Uninstaller v2.5 will run and work fine, for uninstalling, analyzing and whatnot, 32-bit programs on a 64-bit system. As a 32-bit program itself, it cannot (as standard) 'see', for instance, the 64-bit part of the registry -- but neither can other 32-bit programs, so it shouldn't be that big of a problem.
As said, this 'blindness' is 'as standard', and hopefully I'll be able to release a '64-bit-aware' version at some point.
Anyway, I encourage everyone to give the new version a spin - I hope you like it!
(27. May, 2009) New host, yet again...
Quick note: I've changed hosts again... The 'new old one' seemed slow to me, so hopefully this time it'll be better :)
(19. Apr, 2009) New host
Just a quick note to let everyone know, that I've changed my host... Hopefully everything will run more smoothly now =)